Just like humans, insects need food, water and shelter to survive. By eliminating their food supply and getting rid of their favourite hiding spots, you can reduce the risk of pest infestation in your home.
- Use mouse traps and bait stations to get rid of the mice scurrying around your house.
- Free your space from small cracks, use fine mesh screens for windows. Also, seal gaps around pipes, dry vents and air conditioner.
- Do not let water collect in and around the house. It is a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Have gardens with herbs and fragrant plants. Bugs dislike the smell from plants like mint, rosemary, lemongrass, etc.
- Get a cat or a dog. They will help keep rodents at bay.
- Onion slices can help keep away lizards and control their movement.