Granite enhances the beauty of any kitchen or bathroom. It also resists heat and is extremely durable. Though it brings stunning features and elegant looks, it also requires regular attention and care to ensure it stays shiny and free from streaks.
There are numerous tips for cleaning granite. To keep yours in top condition, consider the following tips.
Regular Granite Care
1) Dust the granite countertops and worktops on a daily basis.
2) Use a damp microfibre cloth to wipe them after the meal preparation.
3) Regularly apply a granite cleaner (bought at your local hardware store) or a homemade solution. However, beware while using vinegar as its acidic properties can completely degrade the polished stone.
Further Insights on Granite Cleaners
These handy tips will help you choose and use the right granite cleaner.
1) Remember that the abrasive and acidic chemicals will do harm to your polished surfaces. Look for specialised granite cleaners or a product designed for marble which has a balanced pH level. Simply spray on the granite countertops and worktops and wipe off with a clean cloth. Remember to read the instructions given on the label and test the product on a small inconspicuous area first.
2) For additional protection and lasting shine, try using a granite sealer. It also provides resistance against stains from spills and leftover foodstuffs. When using a sealer, it’s important to use water-based formulas as granite is susceptible to spot-etching and staining.
3) As a natural remedy, use a mixture of non-acidic soap and warm water for cleaning granite. Rub the solution directly on your granite worktop and instead of washing it off, simply wipe it with a clean towel.
Cleaning the granite countertops and worktops regularly will help them look their best.