In India, solid wood furniture is very popular, especially pieces that have been a part of your family for generations. These look great, but require proper maintenance to make them last longer. With the right strategy and cleaning products, it’s simple to keep your wooden furniture looking its best.
Here are a few hacks to clean your wooden furniture thoroughly.
Use Microfibre Cloth
- Use a damp microfibre cloth to wipe your wooden furniture to remove any dust or grime.
- Make sure water from the damp cloth doesn’t accumulate on your wooden furniture for too long; it’s better to quickly wipe it dry with a cloth.
Use Dishwashing Liquid
- If your wooden furniture has spots and sticky residue, wipe with a few drops of dishwashing liquid diluted in a bowl of water.
- Before cleaning your wooden furniture, test the solution using a microfibre cloth on a small portion to ensure its compatibility. Again, avoid leaving excess water on your furniture and immediately dry it with another clean cloth.
- Applying wax on your furniture goes a long way in helping it retain its shine. Such wax is easily available in the market.
- With a clean cheesecloth, apply a semi-solid wax to your wooden furniture. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before buffing it with a clean cloth.
- Avoid using polish sprays, as they can leave behind a residue.
There you have it! Maintaining your wooden furniture has never been easier. These effective hacks will ensure your furniture will last for years to come.