Save the sole! Here are 5 common mistakes you must avoid while cleaning your favourite shoes.
There are multiple do-it-yourself solutions but you must watch out for and avoid these common mistakes while cleaning your shoes.
1) Don’t throw them in the washer directly. Neither synthetic nor leather shoes should be washed so brutally.
Try hand-washing white shoes to make them shine – with toothpaste!
2) Each part of the shoe should be cared for differently- the sole, the laces, the face, the insole, etc. Depending on the type of shoe, check if it requires polishing.
3) Air drying should be your choice if your shoes are washed in the washing machine (sneaker, canvas). The sun definitely does its trick but it may lead to fading. Ensure that your shoes are dry and stink-free.
4) Do not use acetone or alcohol-based products on your shoes directly. That will lead to fading or could even damage your favourite pair.
5) Clean your insoles and laces on a regular basis in warm water. We would not recommend soaking them in soap water.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions on how to handle your shoes appropriately.