We all want a clean, organized workspace – but how do you clean drawers and keep your desk tidy? Well, it’s all about having easy-to-follow tips and quality cleaning products – and we’ve put together some tips to help you get started. Read on to find out more!
Has your lifestyle during the Covid-19 lockdown affected the type of stains you get on your clothes?
How to clean drawers the easy way
If you’re looking at how to organize your drawers and to keep them clean, we’re here to make it easy for you. Firstly, clean the drawers one by one, and then start taking everything out from the drawer. Get rid of what you don’t need, then dust or vacuum the drawer and give it a good wipe with a cleaner. Once you’ve done that, move onto the next drawer.
While you've got everything out from the drawer, it's a good time to reorganize. There are a few simple useful things you can do:
1) Theme each drawer so it’s easy to find what you need (a drawer for stationery etc.)
2) Box up things that you don't need regularly to create more space in the room.
3) Don’t overfill – you want to be able to see what’s in there and get it easily.
Now you know how to clean drawers, but what about how to clean your desk?
How to organise your desk and why it’s important
Clean drawers allow you to keep things in good condition and can find things easily. A clean and organized desk will do the same and will help you with your productivity. Here are a few simple tips that will show you how to clean your desk and keep things organized:
1) Don’t leave the items scattered on the desk.
2) Use files, boxes and folders to store things tidily
3) Use stationery holders for pens, pencils etc.
4) Move everything off the desk when cleaning.
5) Use an abrasive cleaner like Cif to get the stubborn marks off.
6) Keep a paper bin nearby and get rid of the unwanted clutter immediately.
Whether you want to clean drawers or to know how to organize your desk, there are a few key steps to follow:
1) Scan your desk and drawers to get an overview of what you need to do.
2) Clean drawers one at a time before moving on.
3) Remove the items from your desk so you can clean it and reorganise them properly.
4) Figure out what you need and what can be thrown away or recycled.
5) Use the opportunity to streamline both your desk and drawer space each time you clean.
Clean the drawers and organise your desk with these straightforward tips to tidy up your personal and workspace.