Here is a list of what could have gone wrong with the water purifier.
- The level of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) might be increasing, slowly.
- Bacteria film can also be introduced into the system if you change the filter without properly sanitising your hands.
- Smells or tastes metallic from iron, arsenic, or mercury seeping in your water
- Excess chlorine used by the municipal corporation may react in the purifier which makes the water smell bad.
- As water moves through the ground, it absorbs hydrogen sulfide, which could be a cause of the foul smell.