Did you know that you can clean almost all your surfaces at home with steam? Steam is the latest technology when it comes to cleaning: it disinfects, cleans, and deodorizes. So why not take advantage of this new method? This article describes the basics of steam cleaning.
Steam Cleaning: How does it Work?
A steam cleaner is a new cleaning method that’s really easy to use – but many people still wonder how it works. The answer is simple: steam cleaners work in two ways, depending on the type of machine they are.
- Dry steam cleaners: These work in a similar way to a pressure cooker, for instance. The water reaches the boiling point and starts to produce steam. This process takes only a few minutes per litre of water. If you use hot water directly, the process is quicker.
- Cool steam cleaners: These machines work without boiling the water, so the steam is not hot, but rather humid. The disadvantage of cool steam cleaners is that they consume more water than dry steam cleaners, and because of the temperature of the water, they don’t eliminate mould and bacteria.
Steam Cleaning Machines: a Practical and Simple Guide
When you buy a carpet cleaning machine which uses steam, it is essential that you always read and follow all the directions from the manufacturer. Take all the necessary safety precautions to prevent mistakes, protect yourself, and get the most out of its disinfection and cleaning potential. Having a steam cleaner is very practical if you have a carpet at home because it means you don’t have to depend on professional cleaning services. Here are some general steps to follow when using a steam cleaner:
First, vacuum your surface clean to get rid of all dust.
Fill the machine with hot water.
Add half a cup of soft liquid detergent.
For further disinfection, add half a cup of baking soda.
- There are two types of steam cleaner: dry and cool.
- Steam cleaners can disinfectant, deodorize, and degrease all at the same time!
- Like most things, steam cleaners come with advantages and disadvantages. Use the list below to decide whether it is beneficial to buy a steam cleaner for your lifestyle.
A steam cleaner needn’t be an alien cleaning tool in your home – they’re simple to use and can help you save cleaning time! Before you invest in one of these super cleaning machines, why not borrow a friend’s and try it for yourself?