3) Clean the inside of the dishwasher and other parts of the dishwasher
- As a dishwasher cleaner, a solution of vinegar and hot water does a great job – simply mix one part vinegar with five parts water.
- Soak a cloth in the solution and wipe the inside of the dishwasher.
- Place all the dishwasher parts in the sink or a bowl or bucket filled with the vinegar solution to clean them.
- Tiny bits of stuck on food are the toughest stains to tackle here, so you need to scrub a little harder to get rid of any dried on food residue. If the food debris proves to be stubborn, you can use a soft brush or an old, clean toothbrush to give you that extra scrubbing power needed. You can also let these stains soak for a few minutes, which should make them easier to remove.
4) Cleaning the dishwasher with cleaning products or with vinegar
For a deep clean of your whole dishwasher, put the racks and other parts back inside. Place a cup filled with white vinegar on one of the racks inside the dishwasher, and run a full cycle with the hottest water possible.
Alternatively, you can use a product specifically designed to clean the dishwasher. Just follow the directions on the label before using.
When the cycle is finished, open it up and enjoy using your clean dishwasher. With these simple steps, cleaning the dishwasher is easy – so there’s no excuse for dirty dishes piling up!