Silver cutlery can get tarnished if not handled properly. Even serving certain food type in the silverware cause them to corrode. Keep this guide of do’s and don’ts handy to maintain the shine of your silverware.
- Use very mild soap and distilled water to wash them.
- Clean them as soon as possible after every use.
- Store in a dry, well-ventilated place especially where humidity is low.
- Don’t soak silver pieces in water. Moisture is not their friend.
- Acid has the ability to tarnish and eat away your silverware.
- Avoid silverware when consuming/preparing acidic foods, such as lemon juice or vinegar.
- Avoid using silver cutlery for foods with sulphur, such as eggs, mustard and onions.