Ever walked into someone’s kitchen and marvelled at how clean all their surfaces are or envied the immaculate condition of the cooker and wondered what their secret cleaning method was? We all want a clean and a hygienic kitchen area, but finding the time to keep it show-room perfect is probably the most difficult task of all. Read on to find out some effective and effortless kitchen cleaning methods.
1) A Supply Cupboard That is Well-stocked with Kitchen Cleaning Products
A well-stocked supply cupboard means no more hunting around at the back of cupboards for that kitchen cleaner you’re sure you saw somewhere. You’ll always be ready to clean!
- Set up a dedicated cleaning-supply area which is easily accessible within the kitchen itself (e.g., underneath the sink or in a large storage cabinet.)
- Put all your kitchen cleaning products (e.g., disinfectants, heavy-duty oven cleaners, metal surface cleaner, etc.) into a single plastic storage box or drawer.
- Keep your cleaning equipment (e.g., scrubbers, mop heads, gloves, etc.) together so that they don’t get misplaced.
- Keep a regular check on your cleaning products and equipment to make sure you don’t run out of them. If needed, buy these supplies in advance.
2) Small, Scheduled Bursts of Kitchen Cleaning
Ever invited friends or relatives to come over for dinner, only for you to realize that the kitchen is filthy and needs a deep cleanse? It is more efficient and less stressful if you set aside some time dedicating for kitchen maintenance rather than attempting those large, energy-intensive purging bursts on an occasional basis.
In your schedule, allocate a realistic slot for routine kitchen cleaning activities. For example, set aside 20 minutes after dinner on a weekday to disinfect all the surfaces and mop the floor. Clean your fridge and food cupboards in the morning as the supplies will be minimum, that means lesser items to shuffle around during the cleaning.
Creating a realistic cleaning schedule and consistently sticking to it will help you clean your kitchen easily.
3) Ask Your Friends
Friends and family can be a great source of labour-saving tricks that can make your life easier when cleaning kitchen appliances; after all, they would have tried and tested their recommended methods so you’ll be sure to get good results! Why not ask around for ideas like the following?
- Placing a sheet of aluminium foil across the bottom rack of the oven can prevent food crusts and oily drops getting everywhere. Cleaning the oven becomes a simple task by replacing the old piece of foil.
- Microwave ovens can be quickly steam-cleaned by placing a wet paper towel in the bottom and heat them up for a couple of minutes.
- Before wash, soaking the cutlery, plates, and pots in a warm soapy tub of water immediately after use can make it much less of a chore. This is because soaking prevents the food from drying on the surface which makes it easy to wash.
- Place your kitchen cleaning products and equipment in an easy-to-access place.
- Undertaking small blasts of cleaning the kitchen regularly is an effective strategy for maintaining a clean kitchen.
- Word of mouth is a great way to find out other people’s tips and tricks for time-saving cleaning.
A clean kitchen, with a minimum amount of fuss: enjoy!