Most Indian families have creative children who try and dabble in art. Even as we love their colourful masterpieces when they remain confined to notebooks, we are less pleased by this creativity when it extends beyond.
Clean ink stains and paint from your house walls and clothes easily, and embrace your child’s inner artist without worrying about cleaning. Follow our top tips to get rid of oil paint and ink stains with an excellent finish.
How to remove an oil paint stain?
Oil paint has a base of linseed oil used to mix pigments. Because of this oil base, it can be quite a difficult task to get rid of an oil paint stain. Simply washing it with detergent and water won’t serve the purpose. Follow these simple tips and you will not have to worry about removing oil paint stains ever again:
- Use a spoon or a butter knife to scrape off as much paint as you can.
- Pad paper towels under the garment. Use as many as you need depending on the size of the stain.
- Dip a paper towel in a bowl of turpentine.
- Gently dab the stain with it.
- When the paper towel gets dirty, replace it with a fresh one.
- Continue to dab the stain and watch it fade slowly.
- Fill a cap with Surf Excel Matic Liquid and pour half of it on the residual stain. Rub the area with the cap.
- Pour the other half into your washing machine. Make sure you always choose the right type of detergent according to your machine.
- Run a normal wash cycle. Don’t forget to follow the wash and care guidelines.
Your clothes will be as good as new!
How to remove a fountain pen stain?
Who doesn’t like a throwback to the yesteryear? Fountain pens are very pleasant to write with, but there is a flipside: a little shake and the ink flies right out, covering your white shirt with a not-so-nice stain. Unlike modern ball pens, fountain pens can easily leak if there is a change in air pressure, and sometimes even a little extra ink in the cartridge can result in an overflow. But with the right products, cleaning ink stains is not that hard.
Follow these steps to learn how to remove ink stains easily:
- Pour chilled milk in a bowl.
- Soak the stained garment in it. Make sure the ink stain is completely submerged.
- Leave it to rest for one hour to let the milk fade the stain.
- After one hour, pour Surf Excel Liquid Detergent in a bowl and wash the garment. Make sure you always follow wash and care instructions.
- Rinse well and let it air dry.
Now you know how to clean ink and oil paint stains like a laundry expert! It’s time you and your family indulge in oil paint and ink without worrying about stains.