A new season brings with it the opportunity to bring out your favourite clothes from storage. However, to make room that means you’re going to have to stash away other outfits. Knowing how to keep clothes smelling fresh in storage will keep them perfect for instant wearing next season. Whether it’s learning how to keep clothes smelling fresh in drawers or discovering how to keep clothes smelling fresh in closet spaces, you’ll soon be an expert with our guide.
How to keep clothes smelling fresh after washing
Before we look at how to keep clothes smelling fresh in drawers and closets, it’s important to look at how to keep clothes smelling fresh after washing. After all, if your clothes go into storage smelling nice it’ll be much easier to keep it that way. Try these simple tips and your laundry will always smell sweet:
- Wash with quality detergent such as Active Wheel
- Don’t leave washed laundry lying in the machine – dry it immediately
- Dry in the fresh air to keep mould at bay
- Make sure clothes are completely dry before storing.
How to keep clothes smelling fresh in drawers
If you’re planning on storing your clothes in a closed space like drawers or a suitcase, there are a number of items you can use to keep them smelling fresh:
- Drawer liners: These are easy to find in stores and all you have to do is place them at the bottom of the drawer before adding your clothes.
- Fragranced soap: Don’t unwrap it, though! A simple bar of fragranced soap placed at the back of your drawer can be enough to keep your clothes smelling sweet.
- Dryer sheets: Simply place a dryer sheet in between each folded piece of clothing and they’ll retain their freshness whilst in storage. This is a great method if you’re wondering how to keep clothes smelling fresh in suitcase compartments.
How to keep clothes smelling fresh in wardrobe storage
Hanging your clothes does tend to make it easier to stop them going musty. If you’d like to know how to keep your clothes smelling fresh in the wardrobe, the following will do the trick:
- Give your clothes room to breathe: Try not to hang everything too close together.
- Scented hangers: You can buy hangers or hanger sachets filled with sweet-smelling fragrances and they’ll definitely fight off any musty odours.
- Make your own: If you’d like to know how to keep clothes smelling fresh in closet storage with herbs and flowers, try this trick. Fill a mesh bag or bags with scented items like lavender, dried rose petals or mint, and feed them onto the hangers or rail.
Keeping your clothes smelling nice whilst packed away is as easy as that. Now that you’ve got our top tips, you know how to keep clothes smelling fresh in drawers, suitcases and wardrobes. Pack them away and look forward to that sweet smell when the seasons change again!