Follow these steps to make sure your hoodies last long.
1) Wear your hoodie as many times as possible before washing it. Since you wear a shirt or some other garment underneath your hoodie, it won't require regular washing like other garments that come in contact with your skin.
2) Wash your hoodie in cold water on a gentle cycle with a colour-preserving laundry detergent.
3) Avoid washing your hoodie with other clothes. The friction of a hoodie can ruin the softness of other clothes.
4) Turn your hoodie inside-out before washing, especially if it has a screen print or applique on the front. If the hoodie zips, zip it before washing.
5) Hang your hoodie to air dry instead of putting it in the dryer to avoid shrinking.