Waterproofing is basically making your walls resistant to water. Check out these tips for effective waterproofing
- RoofYour roof is your first line of defence. Conduct a thorough inspection of the roof for any damaged or missing shingles. Replace them immediately to extend the lifespan of your roof.
- Outdoor wallsApply waterproof paint to your outdoor walls. They are designed to barricade water from seeping in. They also allow walls to breathe and eliminate moisture.
- DrainageWater supply and drainage pipes attached to the roof and walls of your house should be cleaned regularly. If they are clogged, water will force itself in the walls and roof, ultimately damaging them.
- InteriorsTest your outdoor walls by spraying water to check for leakages happening on the inside. If you spot any, use products, such as:
1. Silicate-based concrete coating
2. Concrete coating
3. Waterproof Paint