Everyone likes a clean shop, but sometimes it seems impossible to clean certain parts of the pavement. This leads to overgrown moss and dirt.
Luckily, pressure washing is the ideal solution for this problem. However, if you are not sure how to use pressure washer, it may seem intimidating at first. Nonetheless, seeing those perfectly clean sidewalks after using this guide will make it worth the trouble!
If you want to welcome your clients or customers, and hear them comment on the impeccable cleanliness of your store, look no further! These tips on pressure washing will make that come true.
Tips to clean a surface using Pressure Washer:
Using a pressure washer all comes down to technique. The technique will determine whether your store front looks brand new, or there is dirt everywhere. However, if pressure washing is done improperly, it might cause damage as well. We will provide you with some easy tips for pressure washing to make sure that everything goes according to plan to make your store front look great!
1) First and foremost, read and follow the instructions and safety guidelines for your pressure washer.
2) Before pressure washing, make sure nothing stands in the way of the steam, because things like plant pots and furniture will break when they get hit.
3) Point the hose in the right way before using it, to avoid any nasty surprises. The hose should be roughly 2 feet from the pavement, but this can be adjusted according to the intensity of cleaning. However, do not put it closer than 12 inches from the ground, because this might damage the pavement!
4) During pressure washing, never point the hose at yourself! Ideally, it should be pointed at a 45-degree angle away from you, since this will both clean the area and push any dirt away from your feet. Tip: pushing all the dirt into one area makes it a lot easier to clean up!
5) Do not hesitate to use more detergent if necessary. However, it is advised to read the instructions on the label and test the product on a small area first. Furthermore, unless you want your pavement to be whitened, be sure not to use anything that contains a bleaching agent. Usually, the detergent should be allowed to soak and soften the dirt before rinsing it off.
How to Use Pressure Washer safely
Pressure washing is fun, but don’t get too excited – it might also be dangerous if used incorrectly! Here are some pressure washing tips to keep you safe when using a pressure washer:
1) Always wear shoes during the high-pressure cleaning. You do not want this spray to hit your foot, because it will result in a large bruise – be careful!
2) We are serious, shoes are important! Wear some proper shoes, because high heels, flip-flops, or slippers won’t cut it. Shoes with rubber soles are perfect for the job since they reduce the risk of slipping on the wet floor.
There is no need to be afraid of high-pressure cleaning. Just make sure you take the right precautions, and the pavement in front of your store will look new! Somebody you know might already have a pressure washer, why not borrow it and see for yourself?
1) When using high-pressure cleaning, always wear goggles to protect your eyes from any rubbish.
2) Children should not use a pressure washer under any circumstances since they are powerful machines that could cause serious damage to their skin if not used properly.
3) Follow the guidelines provided by the manufacturer’s manual, since machines from different companies often work differently.
Safety Warning: Always wear safety glasses while using a pressure washer. Plus, don’t forget to read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully!