Use our key steps when you’re cleaning a gas BBQ:
- Always turn off the gas supply before cleaning.
- Remove parts for cleaning.
- Rinse thoroughly after cleaning.
- Check that burners and gas supply are clean.
When the sun comes out, that means barbecue time is around the corner! Whether it’s been a while, or you’re simply freshening it up, cleaning a gas BBQ doesn’t have to be difficult. We’ll show you how to clean a gas BBQ so you can get it ready to entertain your friends and family.
Cleaning a gas barbecue: parts
When it comes to the best way to clean a gas BBQ, you need to focus on three main parts – the grill, the interior and the exterior. Before you even gather the cleaning materials, make sure you turn off the gas supply. Once that’s done, move onto how to clean a gas BBQ grill, interior and exterior with these steps:
1. How to clean a grill
- Cleaning all parts of the BBQ is easier if it’s warm, so heat up everything if necessary.
- Start off by lifting the grill parts out.
- Take a stiff scrubbing brush and use hot soapy water to get to work removing debris on the grill. Domex will do an amazing job getting your grill clean too, especially if the soap isn’t quite up to the task.
- Make sure you don’t forget to clean the underside of the grill, as food can cling under there too.
- Set the grill to the side and move onto cleaning the interior.
2. How to clean a gas barbecue: interior
- Remove any plates that cover the burners – give them a good scrub.
- Check burners for any blockages and pick out the debris to clear them.
- Use hot soapy water to clean the burners – if you can remove them to do so, great!
- Scrape grime from the bottom of your BBQ.
- Clean the bottom and sides, checking that you remove any leftover food.
- Carefully wipe down the inside of your barbecue hood and rinse everything thoroughly.
- Do a final check, making sure that nothing is blocking the gas supply, and put all of the internal parts back together.
- Let everything air dry – reheat your barbecue for 15 minutes to ensure any leftover cleaning solution is burned off.
3. The best way to clean a gas BBQ: exterior
- Take a soft cloth and wipe down all of the exterior surfaces with soapy water.
- Be gentle, so as not to cause any erosion to the outer shell – that could lead to rusting.
- Rinse everything down with a hose.
- Polish with a specialist cleaner that is suitable for your BBQ.
There you have it, the best way to clean a gas BBQ so that it’s kept in great shape. With our top tips, you can get your BBQ ready and raring to go for the next time you decide to cook up a feast!