Parties at home are fun and exciting, but the cleaning afterwards is the most dreaded part. Here are few tricks to make clean-up a little quicker and easier.
1) During Party
● Use disposable cutlery for serving and also for your guests to eat on.
● Kids become messy around food. Consider serving less messy food, such as finger food, pizza, chips, etc. Avoid the gravy.
● Keep kitchen rolls around your supplies. They work as a stronger absorbent if you have to tackle food splats or spills.
● Keep fragile cutlery away from the reach of little hands.
2) After Party
Start clean-up right after the party because the later you get to it the tougher it becomes.
● Clean the hard mess like plates, confetti or gift wraps and put them in the trash bags.
● Immediately attack spills or any frosting before they settle by spraying some distilled water over the blot and clean them with a dry cloth.
● Collect the ceramic plates, glasses and other washable cutlery. Clear them of any leftovers and put them in the sink to clean them.
● Vacuum the carpet, sofa for any crumbs and mop the floor. To kill any foul smell, you can use some aromatic oils.