Knowing how to clean white shoes is so important, especially as they can lose their brightness quickly. From tips on how to clean white shoes with baking soda to using Cif as a surprise cleaning solution for white sneakers, you will find all you need to know right here.
How to remove yellow stains from white shoes
Knowing how to clean white shoes with baking soda and white vinegar is key to removing yellow stains from them and can be done in four easy steps. This is suitable for white shoes made of canvas or other fabrics. You may need a different method for leather shoes which can’t always be machine washed.
- Wash shoe laces separately from your shoes inside a pillowcase or mesh laundry bag to keep them tangle-free.
- Brush off any big pieces of dirt.
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with a ½ tablespoon of water and a ½ tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide until it becomes a paste. Use a toothbrush to rub this paste into set in-stains to lift them from your white shoes.
- Pop your shoes on warm, gentle, low-spin cycle. Pour a ½ cup of white vinegar into the washer during the rinse cycle to brighten the white color and eradicate lingering odors.
- Dry your shoes on low heat, checking them every 30 minutes until they are completely dry.
If your shoes aren't machine washable, try washing your white sneakers by hand... with toothpaste!