Did you know that you can clean almost all your surfaces at home with steam? Steam is the latest technology when it comes to cleaning: it disinfects, cleans, and deodorises. So why not take advantage of this new method? This article is full of steam cleaner tips & advice to help you get started.
Steam Cleaning the House: How Does it Work?
Whether you’re steam cleaning a couch, or the carpet – steam is a new cleaning method that’s actually really easy to use – but many people still wonder how it works. The answer is simple: steam cleaners work in two ways, depending on the type of machine they are.
- Dry steam cleaners: these work in a similar way to a pressure cooker, for instance. The water reaches boiling point and starts to produce steam. This process takes only a few minutes per litre of water. If you use hot water directly, the process gets quicker.
- Cool steam cleaners: these machines work without boiling the water, so the steam is not hot, but rather humid. The disadvantage of cool steam cleaners is that they consume more water than dry steam cleaners, and because of the temperature of the water, they don’t eliminate mould and bacteria.
Steam Cleaner Tips:
A steam cleaner is an innovative cleaning system; however, this doesn’t mean that it is difficult to use. With this guide, you can get more information to determine which cleaning method you prefer, taking into account all the pros and cons.
Remember: before using steam cleaners, perform a test first on a hidden place of the surface you need to clean, and don’t forget to read and follow the instructions on the label, along with the recommendations of the manufacturer.
Advantages of steam cleaning carpets, couches, and windows:
- It is eco-friendly.
- It disinfects, deodorizes, and degreases surfaces.
- It eliminates mold and bacteria.
- It doesn’t necessarily need detergent. Some steam cleaners require detergent, whereas others do not.
- It is very efficient at eliminating difficult stains.