3) Clean the inside of the dishwasher and other parts of the dishwasher
- A solution of vinegar and hot water does a great job as a dishwasher cleaner – simply mix one part vinegar with five parts water.
- Soak a cloth in the solution and wipe the inside of the dishwasher.
- Place all the dishwasher parts in the sink or a bowl or bucket filled with the vinegar solution to clean them.
- Tiny bits of stuck on food are the toughest stains to tackle here, so you need to scrub a little harder to get rid of any dried on food residue. If it proves to be stubborn, you can use a soft brush or an old, clean toothbrush to give you extra scrubbing power. You can also let these stains soak for a few minutes, which should make them easier to remove.
4) Cleaning a dishwasher with vinegar
For a deep dishwasher clean, put the racks and other parts back inside. Place a cup filled with white vinegar on one of the racks inside the dishwasher, and run a full cycle with the hottest water possible. Alternatively, you can use a product specifically designed to clean the dishwasher. Just follow the directions on the label before using. When the cycle is finished, you’ll have a clean appliance!
Knowing how to clean a dishwasher will soon become second nature – so there really is no excuse for leaving the dirty dishes to pile up!