Commercial cleaners are a staple of most cupboards nowadays, but what happens when you need to clean something unexpectedly and you’re usual supplies are running low, or have run our all together? Let’s look at some alternatives in natural cleaning products that we can easily make at home – you could start with the natural all-purpose cleaner we describe above.
Homemade mega cleaner
Sometimes you need a formidable product that will get to work on the toughest of home cleaning tasks. Don’t believe you can create powerful homemade cleaning products at home? Think again!
This one works wonders on toilets, bathtub tide lines and grotty sinks. Why not introduce this powerful alternative to your home and embrace environmentally friendly cleaning products? Here’s how to make it:
- Mix 1/4 cup baking soda with 1 tbsp of eco-friendly dish soap
- Top up your mixture with warm water to form a runny paste
- Use the scrub with a non-abrasive scouring pad to clean and shine toilets, bathtubs and sinks
Homemade shower cleaner
Beautifully fragrant, this homemade shower cleaner makes use of essential oils to keep your home smelling sweet and fresh. It may require a little more elbow grease than your normal cleaner, but it’ll get the job done to help you out of a bind.
To make this cleaner you will need:
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 4 tsps of hypoallergenic dish soap
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- A spray bottle – ideally in a bright colour