In the winter, an outdoor wedding reception might not be an appealing idea, but hiring a venue isn’t always feasible either. Don’t despair! There are plenty of winter wedding reception ideas that can help to make your day perfect.
A home wedding reception will let you spend your special day in an intimate, familiar setting with the people you love. But how do you make sure it’s going to be a memorable occasion for all the right reasons? Here are some home wedding reception ideas.
How to host a wedding reception at home: the absolute basics
Do you have enough toilet paper?
It’s a big, exciting day, and it’s easy to get caught up in your winter wedding ideas about lighting and music and grand decorations. But it’s important not to forget the basic essentials. No matter how beautiful you make your home, it’ll be hard for the guests to appreciate it if you don’t have enough toilet paper.
If you’re hosting any large event at home, there are things you’ll need to establish before you do anything else.
Here’s a winter wedding checklist to cover the basics.
- If you’re part of the happy couple, you probably won’t have much time for hosting on the day! Is there someone you can put in charge of the reception?
- Do you know how many people are coming?
- Does the reception have a structure? Do you know when people will eat? Will there be speeches?
- Will the venue be warm enough? Bear in mind that it’ll get warmer when the guests are there, so it’s best to have a temperature on the lower end of comfortable.
- Is the venue clean?
- Do you have plenty of toilet paper and hand soap?
- Do you have crockery, cutlery, glasses and seating for all the guests?
- Have you prepared food and drink? Have you taken allergies, vegetarianism and other needs into account?
- If you’re hoping to have music, either live or recorded, have you prepared it? Will people be able to have conversations over the music, or will it be too loud?