Here’s how to plan an engagement party at home step-by-step:
- Start off by exploring both of your favourite engagement party ideas.
- Pick a theme and use that as a framework for everything else.
- Decide on your decorations – what style do you prefer? Do you want any personalised options like monogrammed balloons?
- Draw up a list of food and drink, taking into consideration any dietary requirements of your guests.
- Get your party table ready with a guestbook and party favours.
Hosting an engagement party at home is the ideal way to celebrate this milestone with family and friends in a relaxed, low-key environment. It can be tricky to know where to begin when it comes to engagement party ideas at home, but don’t panic! From engagement party decoration ideas and tips on themes to the perfect gifts and food ideas for an engagement party at home, we’ve got you covered.
Engagement party theme ideas for your home
There are so many options available that hosting an engagement party at home can sometimes feel a little overwhelming. Setting a theme is a simple way to get started.
Here are some of our favourite ideas to narrow down the options:
- Wine tasting: the perfect theme for foodies and can be adapted to your tastes.
- Black and white: ideal for a glamorous setting, especially during cold weather.
- International: perfect if you got engaged abroad and want to celebrate that place.
- Glamping: ideal if you’re outdoor adventurers or plan to party in the garden/patio.
Engagement party decoration ideas for your home
While the theme of your engagement party sets the tone, it is the decorations that really bring it to life. While some choices might be specific to the theme, there are others that can be universally used across any home engagement party.
Take inspiration from our favourite decoration ideas for an engagement party at home:
- Photo pin board with pictures of your relationship highlights.
- Coloured bunting that matches the colour scheme of you
- Balloons either matching the colour scheme or containing confetti.
- Initialled decorations to represent you and your partner.
Other home engagement party ideas
With the main theme and decorations out of the way, it’s time to start planning all the little extras!
Engagement party food
Keep it simple! Finger foods and drinks in a buffet setting are a really easy way to keep stress levels down. Here are some food ideas for an engagement party at home to whet your appetite:
- Sandwiches cut into heart shapes
- Mini sausage rolls
- Bottles of bubbly or bowls of punch
- Non-alcoholic options like fruit-infused water
- Fruit kebabs
Engagement party gift ideas
Your guests will probably want to bring gifts so it’s always a good idea is to set up a gift registry. Gift giving isn’t a one-way street, though! You can also share some treats or party favours with guests to thank them for celebrating with you.
Engagement party table ideas
Much like at the wedding, you can set up a central table at your engagement party to offer guests something to do. Whether it is a guestbook sign, a wishing tree where they can hang their hopes for you on the branches, or a photo booth to let them capture this special moment, they’re sure to get involved.
That’s all the basics of a home engagement party covered – now it’s over to you to get started! Don't forget, after the engagement celebration, it will soon be time to start planning for your bachelorette and bachelor party.