What do you need before a baby arrives? With a newborn baby on the way, your mind is probably running through your never-ending to-do list 24/7! There seems to be a million and one things to do, from creating a birthing plan to setting up a nursery, and you remember something else to add to the list every other day. But, don’t panic! We’re here to help with our newborn baby-needs checklist to make sure you’re stocked up on all the baby essentials before your little one arrives.
Has your lifestyle during the Covid-19 lockdown affected the type of stains you get on your clothes?
Newborn baby essentials – clothes
When you’re thinking of baby things to buy before birth, clothes are definitely one of the most exciting! Shopping for a tiny baby wardrobe is the ultimate way to get excited about your little one’s arrival, so check our list for everything you need:
- Vests and short-sleeves babygrows
- Jerseys and jackets
- Hat, mittens, and bootees
- Bibs, bibs, and more bibs!
Once you’ve bought your baby clothes, make sure you wash them properly with a kind-on-skin laundry detergent and fabric conditioner. Sunlight washing powder and Comfort Pure, for instance, will keep your baby’s items soft and ready to be worn by your little one!
Newborn baby shopping list - at home
There are a ton of items you’re going to want to buy to make your home a haven for your baby, but for now, we’re just going to talk about the essentials on our preparing for a baby checklist:
- Cot - with a mattress, sheets, and blankets
- Changing mat - with nappies, baby powder, and nappy rash cream
- Baby monitor
- Bottles and bottle brushes - if you’re not breastfeeding
- Nursing bra, breast pads, and breast pump - if breastfeeding
- Towels, flannels, and muslin squares - lots of these for bath time and dribbling!
- Baby bath - with baby wash and lotion
- Steam sterilizer
- Kind-to-skin laundry detergent and fabric conditioner, such as Sunlight washing powder and Comfort Pure
Of course, we’re sure you’ll think of more items to add to your own list of things you need for a new baby around your home, but these are good basics to start with!
Checklist before baby arrives - out and about
When you’re heading out of the house with your newborn, you’ll need a lot more items with you than before! Gone are the days of car keys, purse, and phone - now you’ll need a bit more than that. Check out our baby checklist for when you’re on the go:
- Car seat
- Changing bag - complete with nappies and baby wipes
- Spare clothes for your baby
- A bottle of formula if you’re not breastfeeding
Now that you know everything you need, it’s time to get shopping! We think this is a really fun part of pregnancy, so enjoy picking out all your baby’s first clothes and little bits and pieces for their nursery. You don’t get to do it often!