Are you looking for office décor ideas for work spaces at home? More and more of us are working from home these days, as it can be a great way to minimise commuting and feel more relaxed.
To keep focused and avoid distractions, however, it’s important to have a dedicated space from which to work. We recommend that you spend some time looking into home office décor and source different home office ideas so that you can design it exactly as you want. To help you get started, here are some easy office ideas and tips that you can try.
Home office décor: 10 tips to decorate your home office
- Keep lots of plants in your office to help purify the air.
- Hang up pictures, frames motivational quotes, and favourite photos to keep inspired.
- Ensure there is good lighting, so you don’t strain your eyes.
- Demonstrate good office organisation with stationery holders and nifty storage.
- Keep clutter minimal to prevent too many distractions.
- Put fresh (or fake) flowers in the room to keep positive vibes in the room.
- Ensure you have enough storage for your work documents and consider if you need it to be lockable to prevent little hands from getting hold of important papers!
- Chose well-designed waste paper bins so you don’t spoil the look of your space.
- Get a rug to help keep your feet warm during cold days.
- Use textiles like curtains, throws and cushions to add a bit of colour.
Home office storage ideas
The look of your room is important, but it’s also necessary to consider office storage ideas:
Find a place for everything
Set aside space in your room for both the paperwork that comes with any kind of job and any specialist equipment you might need, such as an art and craft supplies or tech.
Simplest is best
Some of our favourite office storage solutions are also some of the simplest. Use boxes of the same size but different colours to create a colour-managed system or browse vintage shops for retro furniture with lots of inbuilt storage space.
Learn from others
Looking at inspiration boards online to help with office organisation ideas! From pegboard walls to fold down desks, there are plenty of ways to maximise space and storage.
Home office ideas on a budget
Not all of us have the budget to renovate our home offices exactly how we’d like, but that doesn’t mean we can’t update it at all.
- Look for local furniture recycling or second-hand apps for low-cost office goods.
- Paint ordinary cardboard boxes to make your temporary storage more attractive.
- Buy plants from a local store or grow your own to brighten the place up.