Every day, we take our iPhones and accessories with us everywhere. From work to restaurants, we always have our phones on us! This makes it easy for them to collect dirt and grime, and even build up bacteria. If you’re wondering how to clean your phone and accessories, like cleaning earbuds, we’ve got the tips and tricks you need.
How to clean an iPhone
iPhones are quite delicate, and you have to be very careful when cleaning them. From how to clean an iPhone speaker to how to clean an iPhone charging port, here’s everything you need to know:
- To clean an iPhone screen, simply use a clean, lint-free cloth. Don’t use any glass cleaners or surface sprays as these can ruin the coating on the glass and don't introduce any water - water and electrics don't mix!
- Wipe the cloth in the same direction to push dirt off of the screen, rather than just moving it around.
- To clean an iPhone charging port that’s not working properly, take your SIM pin that comes with the phone and use it to gently scrape out dirt and grime from inside. You can also do this if you’re looking for how to fix a headphone jack. Just be careful not to push too hard!
- To clean an iPhone speaker, take a clean, soft toothbrush and lightly scrub the area, trying to loosen the trapped dirt. An old toothbrush usually works best for this as the bristles have softened but make sure it is completely clean and dry before trying it.
Whenever you’re cleaning your iPhone, the main thing to remember is to always be very gentle. After all, you don’t want to end up causing any damage! If you’ve got dirt that’s really difficult to get out of any area of your iPhone, you can always try and take it to an Apple store to see if they can help. Check out the advice from Apple on how to clean iPhones for more help.
How to clean earphones
If you love to listen to music on the go, you probably use your earphones a lot. This means they’re bound to get dirty, even if you’re very careful with them! If you need help cleaning earbuds, or think cleaning them might be the answer to how to fix earphones, check out our tips:
- To clean earbuds, you can use an old toothbrush to gently scrape out any dirt.
- If the outside of your earbuds is dirty, you can use unscented rubbing alcohol on a cotton bud to remove dirt and bacteria.
- If you’re wondering how to fix headphones, you can always try cleaning the jack, which is the part you plug into your phone. To do this, simply get a dry, clean cotton bud and gently wipe the jack, trying to get rid of all the dirt and dust that could be causing problems.
- When it comes to how to clean airpods, be careful to not use any abrasive materials, and try to clean them with a lint-free cloth rather than a toothbrush.
Now that you know everything from how to clean iPhone earphones to what you can use to clean your phone’s charging port, you’ll never have to worry about your iPhone or accessories becoming dirty again.