Get Drawer Dividers to Maximise Kitchen Storage
Drawers are an excellent way to declutter a kitchen, and are perfect for holding small items such as utensils and cutlery – but if they’re not used to their full potential, these drawers could just be hiding even more kitchen chaos. Drawer dividers are the solution here, and the best part is, no one will see them so you don’t need to spend a fortune on an expensive one. A simple plastic divider will do the job. Not only does this save room in the drawer by keeping items stored in a regulated fashion, it also means you don’t need to spend time rummaging around for the correct utensil – you should instantly know where to find it. Don’t forget, kitchen organisation is all about having a designated spot for everything.
Turn Pots and Jars Into Kitchen Storage
Decanting items such as dried pasta, rice, grains like cous cous and quinoa, vinegars, oils, salts, and flours from their original packaging into stackable containers can not only save on space, it can also make your kitchen look great. Some homeowners choose to buy special plastic containers for this, but you can use whatever you want. In fact, old jam jars, glass bottles, and plastic takeout containers are ideal. Don’t forget that this is also an excellent way to keep foods fresher for longer, so it could even save you money in the long term!
Be Open Minded When Considering Kitchen Storage Ideas!
When looking for kitchen storage solutions for your home, try thinking outside the box a little. There is no one-size-fits-all solution as it will depend upon your kitchen size, shape, and decor, but there are plenty of little devices and tips and tricks you can use to help create more space, declutter the worktops, and organise your cookware. Here are some things worth considering:
- If you’re short on floor space, try installing a pull-out waste bin. It sits under your kitchen counters, allowing you to keep your kitchen clean whilst not compromising on space.
- Lots of wall space but no drawer space? Mount a magnetic strip to your wall for holding knives. Be sure to mount it high up, out of the reach of children.
- For storing wine and other bottles, look for a tall holder that utilises space upwards, rather than one that takes up large amounts of floor or surface space.
- Corner shelves are perfect for holding small items. They take up very little space and are ideal for small but frequently used items, such as spices.
- Get more use out of the space in your corner cupboards by adding rotating shelves. It makes life easier for you by giving easy access to items that would normally become lost at the back of the cabinet.