Wondering how to make your bed look nice? Follow these tricks:
- Add a folded blanket to the end of your bed.
- Tuck the edges of the duvet into the mattress.
- Use decorative pillows for the finishing touch.
Create a room that’s fit for a home magazine by learning the art of bed making and organise your sheets and pillows like a pro. Not only does a well-made bed look great, it can also give you a better night’s sleep. Sounds good? Check out these tips for how to make your bed.
How to make a bed: the base
Every perfectly made bed starts with the base so make sure you have a mattress that suits your frame - and you!
- If you have an unattractive bed frame, a bed skirt is a great way to hide it and stop it from being an eyesore in your bedroom.
- You can also use a mattress topper for extra comfort.
- Next, make sure everything you buy fits your bed perfectly; from your sheets to your duvet.
How to make up a bed: the sheets
Once you have your perfect base, it’s time to learn how to make it properly.
Follow these steps:
- Start by clearing your bed of any clothes or other items you might’ve thrown onto it.
- If you’re changing the bed sheet, makes sure you use a fitted style for a tight fit.
- Check that it’s placed the right way around as you put it on and tuck it under the mattress properly.
- Put your duvet into its bed sheet - make sure it’s ironed for a clean, crisp finish!
- Do up any buttons or poppers to stop the duvet from falling out.
- Arrange your duvet on your bed, spreading it out evenly without creases.
- If you have a thinner duvet or a sheet, tuck it beneath the mattress and fold back the top section for a showroom finish.
- Pop your pillows in their covers and place them on your bed.
How to make your bed look nice: the decoration
The finishing touches on a bed will establish you as a bed making pro.
- Add a carefully folded blanket to the end of your bed so the edges hand evenly off either side.
- Place multiple, plumped up pillows and cushions on top to instantly make your bed look nicer.
- If you’re wondering how to make your bed look fluffy, make sure you have new duvets and pillows that are still plump.
A well-made bed can transform any room, so make sure you keep these tips in mind the next time you’re making yours. A nicely done bed and a tidy room are the keys to a good night’s sleep.