Looking for some mirror decoration ideas to spruce up your home? Mirrors can add light to dark rooms and make small spaces feel larger - so they should be a key item in your home decoration plans! Read on for our top interior design mirror ideas, including where to hang mirrors in each room of your home.
Bathroom mirror ideas
When it comes to wall mirror ideas, hanging one in the bathroom may be the most obvious suggestion - but that doesn't mean there aren't still things to consider:
- Over the sink: the perfect mirror location to help you get ready in the mornings
- On empty a walls: a full-length vertical mirror on a wall can add height and depths to smaller washrooms
- Extendable wall mirrors: perfect for shaving or applying make-up
Remember to consider mirror frame ideas when selecting your bathroom mirrors too. You want them to be made of a material that can cope with the humid conditions of a bathroom and still look stylish. Match the colours or patterns in the rest of your bathroom decor and consider how you can frame the room with multiple mirrors - for example, you could hang two square mirrors symmetrically on a blank wall rather than just using one large rectangular mirror.
Bedroom mirror ideas
Forget the feng shui principle that mirrors can’t be hung in bedrooms. This accessory is a must in a room, especially when you don’t have a separate dressing room or walk-in closet. Try these locations:
- On the door: if you’re short on space, choose a full-length mirror and position it so it takes as much of the door as possible.
- Not all mirrors are meant to be hung - some are designed to be leaners!
- Consider a tilt: hanging a mirror high on the wall at a slight downward tilt can reflect more of the room.
- Take advantage of mirrored furniture: a mirrored chest of drawers or bedside table can enhance your room without taking up wall space.
- In the headboard: this wall is usually the focal point in each room. If you make It mirrored, you’ll get an eye-catchy look.
Living room mirror ideas
Mirrors are one of the best things you can do for a living room. These are some ideas that can add sophistication and personality to the room:
- Try grouping: hanging a group of mirrors on the wall is an easy and effective way to add character to space. Just make sure to take proportion into consideration, hanging them in the same manner as artwork and leaving equal space between each mirror.
- Arrange based on room heigh: tall rooms benefit from vertical mirrors but long rooms do better with a horizontally-set one.
- Make a statement: the living room, and the dining room, are the best spaces for dramatic mirrors - especially if there is a beautiful chandelier or eye-catching modern lamp to reflect.
- Mirror an entire wall: experiment with mirror tiles or reflective wallpapers to achieve this result on a smaller budget.
From wall mirror decorating ideas to out-of-the-box solutions, placing a mirror expertly can really do wonders to the look and functionality of your home.