Kids! The only time they may listen to you about not playing in the mud is when you tell them that their favourite WWE superstar show is starting on TV. And even then, after they’ve gawked at their heroes, they’ll just go and play another game of soccer on a muddy field nearby.
As much as we can’t keep them from getting dirty, we can develop a stain removal routine that will remove the headache. How so? Because the stains will simply vanish. Even mud stains!
For brown mud stains, simply follow these steps:
· Allow the mud to dry.
· Use a butter knife to scrape away the bulk of the mud.
· Apply OMO liquid detergent directly to the stain. Or, form a paste with washing powder and water and apply it. Allow the item of clothing to sit for 15 – 20 minutes.
· Use a soft bristle brush or an old toothbrush and scrub the detergent into the stain. Make sure you scrub on both sides of the fabric.
· Now wash the bundle of soiled washing as usual. Do not add it to a relatively unsoiled load of clothes. So wash separately in the machine or, if there are only a few stained items, hand wash to save water.
· Allow to air dry.
If you must tackle red mud stains, you’ll have a tougher task at hand.
· Again, first let the mud dry. Don’t try to tackle the task while the mud is still wet, or otherwise you may not end up with successful results.
· Use a butter knife or blunt object to scrape off any residue.
· Apply Sunlight Dishwashing Liquid to the stained area and allow to sit overnight.
· Use an old toothbrush or a soft bristle brush with a few drops of water and scrub the stain for 5 minutes.
· Make sure you scrub on both sides of the fabric.
· Wash the fabric in the machine separately or hand wash to save water.
· If the stain remains, add a few drops of Domestos Thick Bleach or a colour-safe bleach to a bucket of water and soak for 15 minutes. Alternatively, use rubbing alcohol on the stain before handwashing again.
· Allow the fabric to air dry.
So, now, when your child tackles an opponent during a rugby or soccer game, you will be equally ready to tackle the mud challenge thereafter!
If you want to find out how to clean your home quickly and easily, or even how to remove rust, from surfaces, make sure you read the rest of our blogs for even more stain removal inspiration.