Every garage is different, and every man or woman who uses a garage has different needs for it - there definitely isn’t a 'one-size fits all' approach to garage storage systems! That’s exactly why we’ve put together a host of different garage storage and organization ideas that you can take inspiration from. Find the ones that suit you and upgrade your garage space today.
Garage storage ideas
When it comes to garage storage solutions, it’s all about maximising the space you have and creating an area that you can work in. With that in mind, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Cabinets and cupboards are a must for an organised garage. In fact, we think having a mock kitchen set-up is a brilliant idea, with a corner that has worktop units, a sink to clean your tools and cupboards above for storage; just like a kitchen!
- Rolling drawers or garage storage furniture on wheels make the space more flexible as you can move things around more easily.
- Overhead racks make use of the free space on the ceiling and spaces that you’re not using.
Garage design ideas for tools
If you’re wondering how to declutter and organize your garage, it’s definitely a good idea to think about the best way to store your tools. You don’t want them to clutter your space, but you need to be able to get to them quickly and easily, whenever you need them.
We think the best options for tool storage are by creating a space on your wall that’s completely transformed into an area for hanging all your things. The two solutions we have for this are either tool racks with plenty of hooks and clever solutions for keeping your tools securely on the wall and pegboard walls. Pegboard walls are great as a more versatile solution, especially as you can fit removable shelves into the peg holes, as well as pegs!
Garage storage ideas DIY
If you’re looking for cost-effective, totally customisable storage solutions, DIY garage storage is definitely the way to go! You can create a space that’s entirely unique and works for you. Here are a couple of DIY garage storage systems that are super simple to create:
- Screwdriver rack. Looking for a place to store screwdrivers where they’ll be easy to find? Simply get a narrow but long plank of wood, and drill holes along its length. Then, attach it to the wall with brackets as you would do a shelf, and you can pop your screwdrivers through the holes, where they’ll sit until you need them!
- Add shelves. We know a shelf isn’t the most creative homemade garage storage idea, but it’s an obvious choice for a reason - because it works! Add as many shelves as you need into your garage space and you’ll never run out of storage.
- Magnetic wall-strips. For all your metal tools and loose nuts and bolts that you find around your garage, add magnetic strips to your walls. They’re super easy to just pop things onto and grab again when you need them, making them an ideal storage solution!
Now that you’ve got plenty of ideas to start you off, what are you waiting for? It’s time to get organising! Your garage will be a clutter-free space that you’ll love to work in no time.