Use your loved one’s old clothes to create a memory quilt
When it comes to clothes recycling, nothing is more personal than creating a memory quilt – especially if it uses your children’s old clothes!
- Select your favourite pieces and cut squares of fabric from them
- Pin the squares together to create an interesting pattern and then sew them together
- Keep adding new squares to your quilt or blanket so that it builds over time
Turn your old t-shirt into the perfect fruit and vegetable bag
With these easy steps, your old t-shirt can be turned into a bag perfect for carrying fresh produce.
- Turn your t-shirt inside out, draw the shape of bag you desire, and cut it out.
- Sew a straight stitch around the sides and bottom of the bag and then finish the edge.
- Use the existing hem to strengthen the top and cut holes to create handles. Turn inside out to use.
Top tip! Want to allow extra ventilation in your fruit and veg bag? Make a few small snips in the main body of the bag, about 1cm long, to create air holes!
So now you have some great recycling clothes ideas why not get started and see how you can reuse old items at home? And if completely transforming your old clothes sounds a bit adventurous for your first project, why not give tie-dying a try instead? Our article on how to tie-dye a shirt can help.