TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd – henceforth referred to as “the Promoter”.
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African Residents who are in possession of a valid identity document, except any employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the promoter or any person who controls or is controlled, directly or indirectly, by the promoter and/or immediate family members of the aforesaid people (hereinafter referred to as “Disqualified Persons”).
3. Only participants over the age of 18 years consents to the competition and receipt of the prize.
4. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
6. This promotional competition is open from 08 March 2021 and ends at 11:59PM (midnight) on 12 April 2021. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
1. To enter, participants will be required to follow the below steps:
1. Sign Up via the Cleanipedia campaign sign up page https://www.cleanipedia.com/za/secure/win-a-home-transformation.html
2. All fields on the sign-up form need to be completed.
3. 20 names will be drawn at random to form a shortlist
1. This shortlist will be contacted via telephone and will need to send a picture of their room they would like transformed via Facebook messenger (direct message to the Cleanipedia Facebook page. Link: https://www.facebook.com/CleanipediaSA).
2. Once shortlisted the below will occur:- a) Once images have been received from shortlisted candidates the digital partner agency will choose 2 x winners whose rooms will be transformed. Note, the 2 x winners will be chosen using specific criteria.
b) Location should be suitable for filming, film crew transport at reasonable rates, easily accessible for contractors within the budget.
c) Room must be messy and dirty enough to show a dramatic transformation within the budget.
d) Room must be able to be improved drastically within the budget so cannot be in total disrepair needing extensive renovation.
e) No candidates with rooms requiring trauma-cleaning or hoarder remedying will be considered.
FINAL WINNER SELECTION
1. 2 winners will be selected by the promoter based on prize detail and makeover potential.
2. Only users who meet the full entry requirements stipulated in point 1 will be considered.
3. Participants will be required to provide us with their contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
4. A total number of 2 (TWO) winners will be selected and each winner will be contacted via telephone between - 13 - 23 April 2021. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the Winner once every day for 3 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. If the winner cannot be reached the agent will leave a voice message after each call, if possible to do so, and the winner will need to return the call within 24 hours of the last voice message being left if the agent doesn’t receive any correspondence from the winner the person/s will be disqualified and the prize forfeited, and another winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
5. All preventative measures against COVID-19 will be taken including masks, hand sanitizer, visors etc. By entering the promotional competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel the promotional competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the promoter reasonably deem necessary.
6. Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors or from disqualified persons will be declared invalid.
7. The Prize includes a room transformation, and the Winner will be required to provide the Promoter with a valid day, time and address to complete this transformation. Note the room transformation will be redeemable and/or arrangements will be made once it is safe to do so pending adherence to Covid regulations (in line with all government and company rules and regulations).
8. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable and the promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prize. The promoter reserves the right to substitute prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
9. Any prize not taken up for any reason within the stipulated time frames, the prize will be forfeited.
10. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
11. The promoter reserves the right to use any images taken of the winner and the room make over process for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, and may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting his/her prize and/or after having received his/her prize. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used and must formally notify the promoter, in writing, of such objection, after being informed that he/she is the winner. The room transformation process will be filmed and documented. All content filmed will be used by the brand. By accepting this prize, you agree to the above terms and conditions.
12. In the event that the prize/s are/is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
13. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in the promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of gross negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the prize).
14. The Promoter assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
15. The Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting the participation and/or prize redemption process of the promotional competition.
16. Neither the Promoter nor employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Promoter shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
17. The Promoter will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification document to enable the promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the prize and it shall revert to the promoter to select another winner.
18. The selection decision is final and will be chosen by a panel of judges from the partner digital agency and the brand team.
19. The Promoter will not share a list of winners publicly as it is bound by personal data protection policies. Should any Participants wish to query competition validity, they are encouraged to follow the prescribed process outlined in the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
20. A copy of these rules can be found on the sign up page https://www.cleanipedia.com/za/secure/signup.html throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 086 010 6062.
1. 1 x room transformations up to the value of R30,000 only per selected winners.
2. Prize does not entail construction of any sort.
3. A standard room transformation will be done to enhance the room, a deep clean of the room and accessories will be purchased to the value of R30,000.
4. Appliances will not be purchased.
5. Excludes warranties or guarantees
6. Limited consultation will be included as part of the prize
1. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
2. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
3. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
5. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
6. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
7. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
8. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
9. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
10. All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
11. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
12. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.