Can you put UGG boots in the washing machine? The most FAQ answered
Don't do it! You may be tempted to put them on a gentle, low-temperature wool wash, but even this isn’t safe enough. The official UGG stance is to never use a washing machine or tumble dryer to clean your UGGs at home.
Can you wash UGGs by hand using detergent? A simple guide to washing UGG boots
Here’s our guide for how to clean UGG boots inside and out without needing to use your washing machine.
- Slightly wet your UGGs.
- Never saturate your UGGs as this will damage the sheepskin.
- Use a mild detergent and a nail brush to gently scrub the surface of your boots.
- Always scrub in the direction of the natural grain.
- Allow your boots to air dry. This can take up to 16 hours.
- To speed up the process, stuff the boots with newspaper. This will soak up any excess moisture.
How to clean UGG slippers: a step-by-step guide
Now you know how to clean UGG boots, what about your UGG slippers? If you're only using your slippers around the house, here’s how to clean them:
- Gently rub the surface with a microfibre cloth. This should be done at least every 2 weeks.
- Remove any dust and dirt once a week using a suede brush.
- Did you know a pencil eraser is great at removing stains from your UGGs?
- Take care when using the eraser not to rub too hard as this could damage the sheepskin.
How to protect your UGG boots: top tips and tricks
Here are 3 important steps to ensure you’re protecting your UGG boots:
- When you first buy them, and after every wash, ensure you use a sheepskin protector.
- Been out in the rain? Allow your UGGs to dry naturally. Once dry, use a suede brush to gently remove any dirt that may have been picked up.
- Don’t forget, if you’re unsure about cleaning your UGGs yourself, take your boots or slippers down to the dry cleaners to have them cleaned professionally.
With this guide you now have everything you need to keep your UGG boots clean and protected. Suede fan? We also have more advice on how to clean suede shoes, jackets and accessories here.