There are very few shoes that can claim to be as comfy as a cosy pair of UGG boots. However, do you know the best way to clean UGG boots once you own a pair? You need to be careful when once you own a pair? You need to be careful when you wash UGG boots, so here we will share top tips for how to clean UGG boots and slippers, to keep them looking as good as new all year round.
Can you put UGGs in the washing machine?
The first thing you might find yourself wondering is: “can you put UGG boots in the washing machine?” The simple answer is: no. Whilst it may be tempting to put them on a gentle, low temperature wool wash, the official UGG stance is to never use a washing machine or tumble dryer to clean your UGGs at home. Instead, here are our tips for when ?” The simple answer is: no. Whilst it may be tempting to put them on a gentle, low temperature wool wash, the official UGG stance is to never use a washing machine or tumble dryer to clean your UGGs at home. Instead, here are our tips for when you wash UGG bootsyou wash UGG boots..
How to clean UGG boots
If you’re now wondering how to wash UGG boots without using your trusty washing machine, there are some simple steps below:
- Without saturating the material (which may damage the sheepskin), slightly wet your UGGs.
- Using a mild detergent like Persil bio liquid and a nail brush, gently scrub the material, taking care to move with the natural grain.
- To dry, stuff the boots with newspaper to soak up any excess moisture and leave to air dry. This can take up to sixteen hours.
How to wash UGG slippers
When talking about how to clean UGGs it’s important to consider that not all their products are boots! Here are some easy tips for cleaning up your UGG slippers even if they are only worn around the house:
- Use a microfibre cloth to gently clean your slippers at least every two weeks.
- Use a suede brush once a week to remove any build-up of dust and dirt.
- If you’re trying to remove a stain, you may be surprised to discover a pencil eraser is the perfect tool for most stains. Be careful not to rub too hard as this could damage the sheepskin.
How to protect your UGG boots
Once you have taken steps to understand the best way to clean UGG boots and slippers, there are three key ways you can protect your footwear.
- Treat them with a sheepskin protector when they are new. Do the same after every wash.
- If your UGGs get wet, allow them to dry naturally before using a suede brush to gently remove any dirt that may have become caught in the fibres.
- If you’re worried about cleaning them yourself, you can also pay a dry-cleaner to do so as many offer a sheepskin footwear cleaning service.
Now you know the best way to clean UGG boots and slippers, you can be sure to keep your beautiful, sheepskin-lined footwear looking great all year round. These simple tips will help make it an easy and quick process when you wash UGG boots.
- Regularly use a sheepskin protectant, in particular after you wash UGG boots as well as before you use them.
- Don’t use the washing machine or dryer, as per the UGG official advice.
- Avoid wearing your UGGs where you know they are likely to get damaged.