Getting Rid of Static on Clothes
Getting rid of static involves making small alterations or additions to your environment or your clothes. Using a good quality fabric conditioner will help reduce static electricity in your clothes, and there are other strategies you can try, as well.
With solutions ranging from home humidifiers to fabric softeners, try these methods to remove static from clothes:
- Applying body moisturiser prevents clothing from rubbing against dry skin and creating unwanted sparks
- Use a dryer sheet – adding an anti-static tumble dryer sheet to the machine stops clothes from rubbing together and electrons from building up
- Touch grounded metal – touching any piece of grounded metal (like water pipes or a lamppost) will banish static from your clothes
- Anti-static sprays are available on the high street. Designed for application on clothes or the body, these products are an effective solution
- As very dry air is an ideal condition for static electricity, boosting humidity within the home using a humidifier can eliminate the problem