Sometimes your clothes may come out of the wash smelling a bit musty, but you can solve that problem by discovering how to make laundry smell fresh and clean. From how you wash clothes, to how you dry and store them, there’s plenty you can do.
How to make laundry smell fresh and clean with long-lasting fragrances
Knowing how to make your washing smell nice and not damp or stale is a lot to do with the detergent you use. A sweet smell is one thing, but you want to know it’ll last. Using detergents from Surf like Golden Blossom or Golden Blossom will give your clothing the kind of freshness and fragrance that will last for a long time.
Just make sure you follow the instructions before trying out any new product and always use the correct amount. After that, it’s down to how you dry and store your laundry.
How to make clothes smell good with effective drying
Now that you’ve got the washing sorted, what about how to make laundry smell fresh and clean with drying? The key here is to make sure that laundry doesn’t sit around.
If machine drying, take it out of the dryer as soon as it’s done before folding and putting away. If it’s a nice day and you can hang it up outside, that’s even better. Whatever you choose, make sure that your clothes are bone dry before putting them back in the wardrobe. There’s no point knowing how to make clothes smell good when they come out of the machine if you’re going to encourage damp smells to develop during storage.
How to make clothes smell nice with the right storage
Knowing how to make your washing smell nice for longer is also largely down to how you store it. That starts from the moment you take your clothes out of the machine, and there are a few steps you need to follow:
- Make sure everything is completely dry
- Keep your washing away from strong smells – such as those in the kitchen
- Double check that there’s nothing in your drawers or wardrobe that smells strongly before you put your laundry away
- Give clothing room to breathe. Try not to pack out your wardrobe too tightly
If want to know how to make laundry smell fresh and clean for longer, it’s easy when you follow a few simple steps:
- Use a detergent with a long-lasting fragrance
- Read the labels and follow instructions closely
- Make sure your clothes are completely dry before putting away
- Don’t fold or leave laundry sitting in a room with strong smells
- Put your clothing away as quickly as you can
Learning about how to make your clothes smell nice is a great way of keeping them fresh for longer, and it’s pretty easy to do too.