- Check the washing symbols on your clothes' labels against our handy guide
- Use a liquid detergent like Persil Non-Bio for handwashing clothes
- Take washing symbols seriously – they're there for a reason!
Everybody has experienced it at least once – pulling out a favourite item of clothing from the washing machine only to find that it is now shrunken, saggy, discoloured, or damaged! It is at this point you wish you had paid more attention to the washing symbols on the care label. Here, we will explain the most common washing instruction symbols on wash care labels.
Bleaching Guidelines on Wash Care Labels
The next symbol on the care label is a triangle that refers to whether specific bleaching conditions can be used on the item.
- Iron: To make life easy, the ironing symbol is shaped like an old-fashioned iron.
Ironing symbols also employ the same dot system for heat levels, which should be adjustable on your iron.
Iron on Low: One dot means that it can be ironed on low.
- Dry Clean Normal: Clothes that should be dry-cleaned under normal conditions will have a letter ‘F’ inside the circle.
And there you have it! Your favourite top will never be shrunk in the washing machine again now that you understand these washing symbols on the wash care labels!