- Never disassemble your PS4 as this will void your warranty.
- Use a compressed air can to blow air into the middle indent, USB ports, disc drive and fan vent.
- Use a microfibre cloth to wipe away surface dust.
- Don’t forget to clean the surrounding area of the console as well as its cables.
Your PlayStation 4, though high-tech, is not immune to dust and grease accumulation. This means that every now and again, it's important to clean your device properly, not only for hygienic reasons, but also to prevent it from being damaged by inevitable dirt build up.
However, the last thing you want is to break your beloved video game device whilst cleaning it. To prevent this from happening, Cleanipedia will show you the correct ways of cleaning this particular electronic equipment through an easy-to-follow guide specific to PS4 cleaning. For other electronic devices such as laptops, you can visit this article for more information.
How to clean your PS4: Important dos and don’ts
Before we show you how to clean a PS4, there are some important dos and don’ts you should be aware of.
- DON’T open up your PS4 if it is still in warranty. Disassembly of your PS4 voids your warranty.
- DO use a Sony approved specialist if you are worried that dust has become caught in the fan and is causing damage, as they can clean and fix your console without voiding the warranty.
- DON’T clean your PS4 while it is still connected to the socket.
- DO clean your console on a dry, hard, flat surface.
What do you need for PS4 cleaning?
There are two must-haves for your PS4 cleaning:
- Compressed air can
- Clean microfibre cloth
How to clean a PS4: A 5 step guide to PS4 dust cleaning
If you’re wondering how to clean dust from ps4, then we have you covered. Here you’ll find everything you need to know about how to get PS4 dust cleaning right.
- Firstly, unplug your console and place it onto a hard, flat surface.
- Using your compressed air can, blow short bursts of air through the following places: the middle indent of the console, the USB ports, the disc drive and the fan vent.
- Use a clean, dry microfibre cloth to wipe dust and dirt away from the top of your console. Always work from the light sensor to the outer edge, to prevent dust getting stuck on the light sensor.
- Fold your cloth in half to present a clean side. Use this to gently wipe the middle indent of your console.
- Don’t forget to clean the spot where your console usually sits as well its cables too.
Now you that you have an easy five step guide for how to clean your PS4 you can get back to playing your favourite games until your heart’s content. If you’re having trouble setting up your PS4 back again, Sony provides a selection of manuals to guide you through the process.