- Avoid using liquids to clean your smartphone. However, if tough dirt persists, spray a small amount of distilled water or vinegar solution onto a microfibre cloth and target the stain. Remember to use sparingly and wipe off any excess moisture with a dry cloth.
Whether you go for Android or iPhone, keeping smartphones clean is a little bit more difficult than with most electronic devices, as they tend to be self-contained units – you will need to take a few extra safety precautions.
Smartphones should be cleaned regularly, as daily proximity to your mouth and hands means they’re amongst some of the filthiest things we come in contact with!
Here’s what you’ll need to have a clean phone:
- A soft cloth (microfibre is preferable). Do not use tissues or paper towels, as they contain abrasive particles that may scratch surfaces.
- A small bowl of dry, uncooked rice, or packs of silica gel.
- Distilled water in a spray container. For a stronger effect, mix this half-and-half with vinegar.
- Cotton buds.
- A can of compressed air (optional extra). These can generally be obtained from electronics retailers.