How to Remove Black Mould
Before attempting black mould removal yourself, it is important to take a few safety precautions:
- Ventilation – make sure the room is well ventilated by opening doors and windows
- Wear robust work gloves, particularly if handling abrasive substances
- Use a face mask to avoid breathing in fumes
With safety ensured, it’s time to choose your weapon in the battle against black mould. You can buy a highly effective cleaning product that has been designed to clean mould and mildew. You can also use products containing bleach, such as Domestos Bleach Spray, to tackle black mould. Whichever product you use, make sure to follow the directions on the label. Certain products cannot be used on particular surfaces, so make sure that you choose the best product for your needs. Also, be sure not to mix cleaning products. When using products such as bleach, take care to ensure that it is not being used anywhere near food or receptacles containing food or drink and keep children and pets out of the room.
Here is a simple guide to using cleaning products to remove black mould from your home:
- Remove any items from the area that you are cleaning.
- Test the product in a small area first.
- Apply the cleaning product as directed, and leave for the recommended time – this will allow the product to work on black mould.
- Rinse thoroughly and wipe off with a clean cloth.
- Repeat if necessary.
Check out this video for a comprehensive guide on removing unsightly black mould: