Whether you are increasing your working-from-home hours, starting or already run your own business, you will need the workspace in your home, away from distractions. Here we’ll share some guest bedroom office ideas and how you can convert your small room into the perfect office whilst still making room for the odd guest to stay over!
Decorating ideas for guest bedroom office spaces
The first step to creating the perfect versatile home office guest room space is to decorate it in a way that works for both uses of the room. Here are our top top bedroom office ideas for decorating this space.
- Keep the walls and décor neutral. This allows for the space to seamlessly transition from office to guest room as required.
- Ensure there is a variety of lighting sources. In a multi-functional space such as an office cum bedroom, it is important to consider at what times of day it will be used for what, so you may want to have mood lighting available for overnight guests and more focused lighting when you need to work.
- Install plenty of storage space. Being able to quickly alternate between uses is important, and this is made simpler with storage to hide away things from each of the room’s purposes. Under-bed storage is always a winner when a space doubles up as a bedroom.
- Use multi-purpose furniture. For example, your office desk could be the perfect bedside table when the bed is out for guests or used as a dressing table. You’d be surprised at how many bedroom desk ideas there are!
Four easy small guest bedroom office ideas
For smaller rooms you will need these small home office ideas to make the best use of the space you have available.
- Choose the right bed. Invest in a sofa bed, or a murphy bed that utilises the wall space to hide it away when it is not in use.
- Choose the right desk. Smaller desks are still functional without feeling intrusive when the room is being used as a guest bedroom.
- Add mirrors to the walls. This creates the illusion of a larger space.
- Use floor-to-ceiling curtains. The long length draws the eye up and down, making the room seem taller.
Now you have some great small office ideas, you can be sure you have the perfect space to allow you to work from home and still have room for guests staying over!
- Invest in multi-purpose furniture to make the best use of the space available.
- Choose your storage options carefully to allow quick transition between guest room and office.
- Use small furniture options where possible.
- Decorate in neutral colours and fill the room with different light sources for different times of day.