Cleaning tips for before using a new oven for the first time
1. Be sure to remove all packaging and zip ties, double checking you haven’t missed any.
2. Use warm, soapy water to wipe down the interior of your oven and oven racks.
3. “Burn-in” using the following step:
- Turn on the ventilation fan and open all nearby windows to keep the room well ventilated.
- Set the oven heat to between gas mark six and gas mark ten.
- Leave the oven for between thirty minutes to one hour.
4. If you still notice the new oven smell, repeat the above steps one or two more times.
5. Once the “burn-in” process is finished, and your new oven is cool enough, use warm, soapy water to wipe down the oven interior and racks one final time.
6. Finally, add the juice of two lemons to an oven-safe bowl a third full of water and cook on gas mark eight for half an hour; then use the leftover lemon water to wipe down the inside of your oven.
Now you have some great steps to take to ensure that you clean and prepare properly before using a new oven for the first time and be rid of the new oven smell that you may notice when you turn it on for the first time.