How to dry clothes fast without using a tumble dryer
There are a number of ways that you can dry your clothes fast if you are in a hurry and either don’t have a tumble dryer or don’t wish to use it.
Using a towel isn’t just great for drying off your body but also your clothes. Using a towel will soak up a lot of the moisture allowing the air to dry your clothes quickly.
- DO place your clothes on top of the dry towel, roll the towel into a sausage shape and wring it out to remove excess moisture. Repeat with a second towel if needed.
- DO have an iron at hand, as the towelling process of drying clothes off will leave them very creased!
- DO iron your wet clothes under a dry towel to get creases out and dry them at the same time.
- DON’T use dirty towels as this may soil your clean clothes.
- DON’T be afraid to ask for help as two people will be able to put more force into wringing out the clothes.
Another household item which is not just great for you, but also your clothes, is your hair dryer.
- DO move your hairdryer across the surface of your clothes, and dry them inside and out, front and back.
- DO hang your clothes on a coat hanger before drying them.
- DON’T use a high heat as this could damage the fibres and cause the clothing to shrink.
- DON’T focus the hair dryer on any one point for too long as this could damage the fabric.
And for small items such as socks and underwear, you could try using a salad spinner, the motion of which will imitate a tumble dryer.