Whilst some of us are lucky enough to have tumble dryers, they are not in every house. They are also expensive to run, and some clothes can’t be dried in them anyway. Here we will walk you through our top tips for how to dry laundry faster without needing to use a dryer.
Do you use powder, capsules or liquid to wash your clothes?
How to dry clothes fast without using a tumble dryer
There are a number of ways that you can dry your clothes fast if you are in a hurry and either don’t have a tumble dryer or don’t wish to use it.
Using a towel isn’t just great for drying off your body but also your clothes. Using a towel will soak up a lot of the moisture allowing the air to dry your clothes quickly.
- DO place your clothes on top of the dry towel, roll the towel into a sausage shape and wring it out to remove excess moisture. Repeat with a second towel if needed.
- DO have an iron at hand, as the towelling process of drying clothes off will leave them very creased!
- DO iron your wet clothes under a dry towel to get creases out and dry them at the same time.
- DON’T use dirty towels as this may soil your clean clothes.
- DON’T be afraid to ask for help as two people will be able to put more force into wringing out the clothes.
Another household item which is not just great for you, but also your clothes, is your hair dryer.
- DO move your hairdryer across the surface of your clothes, and dry them inside and out, front and back.
- DO hang your clothes on a coat hanger before drying them.
- DON’T use a high heat as this could damage the fibres and cause the clothing to shrink.
- DON’T focus the hair dryer on any one point for too long as this could damage the fabric.
And for small items such as socks and underwear, you could try using a salad spinner, the motion of which will imitate a tumble dryer.
Other tips to dry laundry faster
There are a few ways that you can help speed up the process of drying your clothes without a dryer.
- Don’t overfill your washing machine, as squashing them in together will leave them damper so they take longer to dry.
- Put your washing through an extra rinse and spin cycle on the washing machine.
- Wring your clothes out before drying; this may leave them with extra creases, though, so be prepared to iron them once they are dry.
Now you have our top tips for how to dry clothes fast, you can be sure that your favourite outfit will be ready to wear in no time after you wash it.