How to Get Chocolate Ice Cream Out of Clothes
Chocolate ice cream stains should be treated as soon as possible to prevent the stain setting further into the fabric. Ideally, a chocolate ice cream stain should never be allowed to dry. If you’re out and about when the stain occurs, you can follow these steps:
- Run clean cold water through the back of the fabric, to push the stain out of the fibres.
- If you’re near to a bathroom, use hand-soap and rub it into the stain with your fingers.
- Wash the soap suds out with clean cold water as before.
- Put the item of clothing in the wash as soon as you get home.
If you’re home, then try following these steps to treat chocolate ice cream stains:
- Use a blunt implement, like a spoon, to scrape off any excess ice cream.
- After consulting the care labels, put the garment in the washing machine
- Add a good quality detergent like Persil small & mighty (it’s designed to give better stain removal, even in a quick wash).
- Select a cool program.
- Once the cycle has finished, check the garment to see if the stain is completely removed.