The last thing you want when you are picking an outfit from your wardrobe is to discover that the fresh, just washed scent has gone from the material. Here you will find top tips for how to keep clothes smelling fresh after washing using good quality and efficient laundry detergents.
How to keep clothes smelling fresh in drawers
Clothes that you store in drawers, from underwear to t-shirts, can easily lose their fresh scent between wash and wear. Here are a few tips to prevent that from happening:
- Used dryer sheets still hold fragrance and so are perfect for tucking into the corners of drawers for keeping your laundry fresh.
- Having a small mesh bag of potpourri in the drawer with your folded clothes will help to keep musty odours at bay.
Do you use powder, capsules or liquid to wash your clothes?
How to keep clothes smelling fresh in storage
Knowing how to keep clothes smelling fresh in closet storage is similar to keeping them fresh inside drawers, with the added feature that often you have clothes hanging instead of folded. Here’s how to keep clothes smelling fresh in closet-type storage:
- Hang a piece of tissue paper sprayed with your favourite eau de toilette in between your clothes to infuse your clothing with the scent and keep your threads smelling great.
- Coffee grounds are great for absorbing bad odours, so having a small bowl of them at the bottom of your closet will help to keep musty scents away.
- Try to keep your closet well-ventilated to prevent the build-up of musty odours.
How to keep laundry smelling fresh: extra tips
Here are a few extra tips for keeping your clothes smelling fresh:
- Keep a bottle of Day 2 Dry Wash handy and apply, smooth and wait for 15 minutes. This will let you wear your clothes a second day before washing them. They’ll still look and smell great!
- Add ten to twenty drops of your favourite essential oil to the washing during its final rinse cycle, or add it to a scrap piece of cloth and pop it in with your clothes when you put them into the dryer.
- Always remove your clothes from the washing machine as soon as possible once the cycle is complete, this will prevent any excess loss of that just washed smell to the smell of damp due to them being wet.
- Try drying your clothes outside to give them a breath of fresh air and keep them smelling great.
Now you have all the tips you need for how to keep your clothes smelling fresh from wash to wear, you can ensure that when you pick your outfit from the closet it will smell perfect and ready to wear.