- Use toothpaste and a cotton bud.
- Always work in gentle, circular motions.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to remove excess cleaner to prevent further damage.
Scratched phone screens are sometimes inevitable, but with smart ways to keep your phone looking clean and shiny, this article will explain how to remove scratches from phone screen glass and mask those unpleasant marks.
Your guide for how to remove scratches from phone screens
Read on to discover how to remove scratches from phone screen glass using items you can find right at home.
- Did you know toothpaste can work wonders on small scratches? Here’s how:
- Put a small amount onto the end of a cotton bud. But! Never use a gel-based toothpaste.
- Rub the scratched area of the phone screen glass gently in circular motions.
- Use a slightly damp, clean soft cloth (microfibre cloths preferably) to remove excess toothpaste.
- To fix scratches on phone glass with baking soda you need to create a paste:
- Mix 2-parts baking soda and 1-part water in a bowl.
- Create a thick paste by stirring the water and baking soda together.
- Rub the paste over the scratches in a circular motion using a clean soft cloth.
- Take care not to apply the paste in too great a quantity as it is abrasive and could damage the non-scratched screen glass.
- Use a damp clean cloth to remove any excess paste.
- Do you have children? Baby powder is a great choice for phone screen scratch removal:
- As with baking soda you need to create a paste.
- Use 2-parts baby powder to 1-part water.
- Use a soft cloth to rub the paste in circular motions over the scratches.
- Don’t forget to use a damp cloth to clean off any excess paste.
- Vegetable oil isn’t just great for cooking! It can work well as a temporary phone scratch solution:
- Add a drop of vegetable oil to the scratch.
- Gently rub it in.
- This is a quick cosmetic fix.
- Don’t forget, if your phone is still under warranty, home remedies could void it.
- If in doubt, contact a professional. They will be able to provide advice and / or services to get your screen fixed in no time.
With these simple steps and items which you can find around the home, you now know how to fix a scratched screen with ease. For more tips on removing scratches, check out our article on how to remove scratches from your car.