Organizing jewelry is not always an easy task. From finding the right organizer for your collection to making sure that your necklaces don’t tangle in a box, there is much to consider when it comes to jewelry storage. That is why we’ve compiled these DIY jewelry box ideas for creative ways to organize jewelry.
What topics would you like to read about?
Organize jewelry with a homemade jewelry box
There are plenty of ways to organize your jewelry but making your own DIY jewelry box has the advantage of having a jewelry organizer that’s personalized for your needs. Plus, the best part about this DIY jewelry organizer is that you can be as creative or simple as you’d like.
Here's the equipment you'll need:
- A plain box of a suitable size - look for something you can upcycle from your home
- Hot glue gun
- Small mirror
- Glitter or decorative gems
To make a simple DIY jewelry box, try these creative options:
- Paint the box or leave it au natural depending on the surface.
- For wooden boxes, make sure you sand and remove rough edges first.
- For a more elaborate DIY jewelry organizer, choose a larger wooden box frame and place small wooden dividers inside. This is a great option for a DIY necklace box to prevent your chains from tangling but you can also use dividers as an easy DIY earring organizer.
- If you have a box with a hinge opening, glue a small mirror on the inside.
- Decorate your homemade jewelry box with colourful paint, glued on jewels, lace fabric, and more.
If you’re wondering how to organize jewelry in a drawer, the wooden box method is probably your best bet. Simply place the wooden frame inside a drawer and use the small compartments to keep your jewelry organized and untangled.
Now all you need to do is organize your jewelry in the box. If in the process of organizing your jewels you find they are a bit dirty, check our article on on how to clean gold jewelry.
Different ways to display jewelry
Now that you know how to organize jewelry in a box, you might want to consider a more visually appealing way to display your jewelry. A DIY wall hanging jewelry organizer is one of the post popular creative ways to organize jewelry and is particularly good if you want to know how to store gold chains and necklaces.
To make this wall hanging DIY necklace box, you’ll need the following:
- Wooden box frame
- Sheet of cork material
- Thumb tacks or small pins
- Hot glue gun or super glue
- Hammer and nails
Once you have these items, you can start creating your DIY wall hanging jewelry organizer:
- Cut the sheet of cork material to fit inside the wooden box frame. Once it fits, use a hot glue gun or super glue to attach it to the inside of the frame.
- Once it the glue has dried, hang the frame up on the wall with a hammer and nails.
- Use thumb tacks or small pins to hang your necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.
Other ways to display jewelry that involve different materials around the house include:
- Using a piece of recycled wood or driftwood to hang your necklaces. Simply tie a piece of string to both ends of the wood to hang it against the wall and then attach hooks to hold your necklaces.
- Taking an old wooden picture frame and using small pins or thumb tacks to hang your jewelry around the frame.
- Placing your earrings in a large seashell for that extra decorative touch when creating a DIY earring organizer. This is especially effective if you own pearl earrings.
There is really no limit to the creative ways to organize jewelry. And now you can accessorize without the hassle of having to untangle your bling.