Top-load Washing Machine Tips
How to clean the exterior of the washing machine
Follow these simple steps to keep the outside of your washing machine looking good:
• Use an effective cleaning solution (for example, Domex Multi-Purpose and wipe with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to the outside of your washing machine.
• Once done, wipe down with another cloth to dry and remove water streaks.
How to clean the interior of the washing machine
Here are easy steps to clean the inside of your washing machine:
• Add water into the drum then add a Multi-Purpose Cleaner or your bleach/cleaner of choice.
• Leave the mixture for an hour before running a wash cycle.
• If your washing machine has a mildew smell, run a second cycle with half a cup of vinegar to the machine’s drum.
• After the wash cycle, wipe down the inside with a cloth to dry.
How to clean the filter in a top loader washing machine
Finally, don't forget to clean your washing machine's filter!
• Turn off the machine and disconnect the power.
• Locate the filter and carefully take it out.
• Mix warm water and a mild soap together in a bowl.
• Scrub the filter with the mixture using an old, but clean, toothbrush. Do not scrub too hard.
• Rinse with clean water and dry before replacing in the machine and plugging it back in.
What topics would you like to read about?
Cleaning a smelly top load washing machine is a bit time-consuming but with fresher, cleaner clothes and longer machine life, it’s totally worth it!