Wondering how to deter lizards from your home naturally? Here’s how to get rid of house lizards without harming them:
- Fill small, porous sachets with scents that lizards hate, such as garlic, coffee, tobacco, or chili powder. Place them around your home.
- Remove thick bushes and water sources from your garden to cut off the lizard’s source of food: insects!
Tired of lizards invading your home? Though mostly harmless, lizards can still carry germs and parasites within their bodies. So, if you have been facing a lizard infestation at home, check out Cleanipedia’s recommended natural methods and long-term solutions to discover how to get rid of lizards at home for good without harming them!
How to get rid of house lizards: scents lizards hate
For how to get rid of lizards at home effectively without harming them, all you need to do is make sure that your house is filled with scents that lizards dislike:
- Coffee. The strong smell of coffee might be irresistible to us, but not to lizards. Mix coffee with tobacco powder for the ultimate solution on how to get rid of house lizards.
- Garlic. Another strong scent that lizards hate. Just scatter a few cloves around the places they are most likely to enter from.
- Chili powder. Leave porous bags of dried chili around your rooms and say ‘goodbye’ to these pests.
You can use these ingredients separately or even all at once. If you are facing other pest infestation but also want to use organic pest control solutions, then this article might be for you.
How to deter lizards in the yard
Make sure that lizards are also kept away from your yard! And the best way to deter them is simply by getting rid of their food source: the other insects crawling around your garden. A little garden maintenance goes a long way when trying to do this:
- Remove the cover of thick bushes and logs where lizards and insects can shelter.
- Remove water sources that can attract all sorts of wildlife.
- Fill in any holes in your yard shed (roof and walls) to prevent them from entering.
How to get rid of a house gecko
Tackling food sources and using strong scents should deter lizards, but what if you need to know how to get rid of a house gecko or keep all types of lizards at bay? Try these simple methods:
- Keep your home clean with quality products like Domex.
- Close any gaps between your windows and walls to make your property less accessible to lizards.
- Always remember to call in the professionals to get rid of lizards permanently in case your home experiences recurrent infestation.
Master these harmless methods to ensure a home free from errant lizards!